At HJS Financial Planning, our advice is always provided in the context of our clients’ individual requirements. This means that we always adopt a simple-to-follow, six-stage process.
- Firstly, we undertake an initial consultation which is designed to help us gain an understanding of our client’s goals as well as their aspirations. This helps us to establish what sort of services will be the most appropriate on a case-by-case basis.
- Secondly, we engage in fact finding which helps us to individually tailor our approach. Typically, this would help us to understand things such as a client’s attitude to risk or ethical considerations, for example. In other cases, it might be to establish if retirement planning or wealth accumulation are personal priorities. This first two take place at the same time usually
- Thirdly, we conduct further research and analysis. Before proceeding with proposals concerning future financial plans, we must perform research into the current financial market to establish what products and services are available that will best meet our clients’ priorities.
- Only after our knowledge gathering stages do we proceed with the fourth step – making recommendations. Financial planning recommendations are made in the form of a report which allows our customers time to reflect and to make sure that the proposals are right for them.
- The fifth stage of our process is to implement the agreed actions on behalf of our client. This might range from things like making any agreed investments to changes in pension plans or contributions. Where appropriate, it may also involve actions to do with tax and inheritance changes to maximise monetary potential.
- The final stage of the process is to provide ongoing service reviews. This means checking that any financial products, where entered into, remain the best choice given our client’s particular needs, for instance. It also involves making renewed assessments to ensure that their priorities have not changed since we last met.
HJS Financial Planning Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority number 755721 and is registered in England under the company registration number 06976226. Registered office: 12-14 Carlton Place, Southampton, Hampshire, SO15 2EA.